Mallorca vs Barcelona Prediction
SPAIN: LaLiga – Round 28
Match: Mallorca vs Barcelona
Kick-off: June 13, 21:00
Prediction: Over 2.5 Goals
- Despite scoring twice in two of their last three La Liga (LL) encounters with Barcelona, Mallorca have suffered five consecutive H2H defeats with margins of at least two goals, after conceding three or more first-half goals in four of those losses.
- Albeit against weaker opposition, Mallorca have not conceded before half-time in any of their last four LL home games, with the team scoring first going on to win their last seven LL contests here (W3, L4). Mallorca themselves have scored first inside the opening 15 minutes on four occasions at home.
- Barcelona carried some sketchy away form into the hiatus, winning just one of five LL trips, conceding the opener within half an hour in three of those five matches and shipping at least two goals in all five. In fact, in LL away football this season, Barcelona suffer a -5 goal difference during the first 30 minutes.
- The defending champions have shipped the first goal in nine of their 13 LL away games – five within the first 15 minutes – but their average of one point rescued per game (W2, D3, L4) when conceding first is a league high.
- Players to watch: Cucho Hernández (MAL) has opened the scoring in two of his last four appearances. Meanwhile, Antoine Griezmann has recorded Barcelona’s first goal of the game in all seven LL matches in which he has scored.
- Stat attack: Looking at LL as a whole, eight of the last 11 games before the hiatus saw both teams score.
- Mallorca have collected fewer cards than their opposition in four of their last five LL fixtures, with the other a tie.
- Barcelona have not taken the most corner kicks in any of their last four LL matches.
- Barcelona have not collected the least total cards in any of their last seven LL away matches.
|Head-to-head matches: MALLORCA – BARCELONA|
|07.12.19||LL||Barcelona||Mallorca||5 : 2|
|06.04.13||LL||Barcelona||Mallorca||5 : 0|
|11.11.12||LL||Mallorca||Barcelona||2 : 4|
|24.03.12||LL||Mallorca||Barcelona||0 : 2|
|29.10.11||LL||Barcelona||Mallorca||5 : 0|